牛顿 ?2016年6月29日 ?Octo Telematics是汽车保险行业远程信息处理和数据分析解决方案的全球第一大供应商，而 "携手共建更安全的道路"（TSR）是一个创新的联盟，它将全球私营部门的公司聚集在一起，专注于改善道路安全，减少道路交通碰撞事故造成的死亡和伤害，正在提高人们对更多青少年司机上路带来的危害的认识，并在热门的国庆节假期提供安全驾驶的提示。假期落在中 最致命的100天纪念日和劳动节之间的时期，每年，使所有司机在更高的风险，由于更多的青少年在车轮后面。在这一时期，涉及青少年司机的交通事故比一年中任何其他时间都要多，死亡的青少年也更多。
根据 公路安全保险研究所, in the United States, the fatal crash rate per mile driven for 16-19 year-olds is nearly three times the rate for drivers ages 20 and over. Risk is highest at ages 16-17. The World Health Organization?s Global Status Report on 道路安全 2015 states that road crashes are the number one killer of young people ages 15-29.
With more teens driving over the summer, much of the driving recreational, and an increase in the number of passengers per vehicle ? increasing distractions – teens and other drivers are at an increased risk for crashes. In addition, the Fourth of July holiday is one of the deadliest holidays for drunk driving crashes, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation?s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- 放慢脚步，待在后面。 Octo?s data indicates that teen drivers tend to brake harder and speed more frequently than more seasoned drivers. Hard braking can be attributed to tailgating, not allowing enough time to gradually brake at stop signs and intersections, or by simply not paying attention to surroundings. Drivers should leave a ?buffer zone? of at least one car length for every 10 MPH of speed when following a vehicle.
- 尽量减少分心。 This is especially crucial during holidays when many pedestrians are on the road. Ask passengers to be respectful and calm when you?re driving ? the less distractions, the better. Distractions can include eating, tending to a grumpy child, or even applying makeup. People do a lot in their cars that should be done only when safely parked or out of the vehicle. According to the 疾病控制中心2011年至2012年，美国与车辆相关的死亡率增加了9%。仅在这一年，就有3300人死亡，42.1万人受伤，与分心驾驶有关。
- 有一个路边援助计划。 Know what your roadside assistance plan is ? whether from an organization like AAA or through your insurance telematics program ? before hitting the road.
- 排列清醒的交通工具。 如果你开车并计划喝酒 哪怕是一点点。 斟酌 之前 出门在外。规划公共交通路线，下载Lyft等乘车应用，或确定你所在地区参加指定司机计划的餐厅。
- 系好安全带 说得够多了。
- 千万不要边发短信边开车。 According to the report ?短信对驾驶的影响的Meta分析。,? published in Accident Analysis and Prevention, there is strong evidence that distracted driving, including text messaging while driving, is linked to crashes, deaths, and injuries on the road. If you have children, teach them through example that texting while driving is never okay.
- 考虑采用远程信息处理程序来改善驾驶。 In addition to possible insurance discounts for safer driving, Octo?s data shows that 40% of drivers that use feedback from a telematics program – such as usage-based insurance (UBI) – become better and safer drivers, improving their driving score and practicing safer road habits after only five weeks in a telematics program. If you already participate in a telematics program, check on your risk events tips to understand how you can improve safety habits.
?Octo is dedicated to working with organizations such as TSR to improve road safety for all drivers through insightful data,? said Nino Tarantino, North American CEO, Octo Telematics. ?If we can help drivers better understand the small tweaks they can make to have a significant impact on saving lives, then we?ve made a positive difference toward change. Be safe this holiday by heeding these simple tips.?
?As the world?s largest insurance telematics provider and long term road safety advocate focused on creating better drivers, Octo Telematics brings a unique perspective to the coalition alongside our other members,? said Scott Ratzan, governing board member of Together for Safer Roads and vice president of global corporate affairs at AB InBev. ?TSR aims to improve the safety of roads around the world, so that road traffic crashes are no longer one of the leading causes of death and injuries. Octo?s specific data and experience in this sector will further that mission.?
Together for Safer Roads (TSR) is an innovative coalition that brings together global private sector companies, across industries, to collaborate on improving road safety and reducing deaths and injuries from road traffic crashes globally. TSR brings together members? knowledge, data, technology, and global networks to focus on five areas that will make the greatest impact globally and within local communities. These focus areas align with the United Nation?s Decade of Action for Road Safety?s Five Pillars by developing programs to address issues in road safety management, safer roads and mobility, safer vehicles, safer road users, and post-crash response.
- Facebook: togetherforsaferroads
- 推特。 @TSRC联盟
Christine Perkett – PerkettPR for Octo Telematics North America