ROAD SAFETY NEWS OF THE WEEK
Last week, CalAmp CEO, Michael Burdiek was appointed to Together for Safer Roads’ board. Additionally, mayor Muriel E. Bowser has selected a transportation policy veteran to lead the district’s ambitious plan to dramatically reduce traffic fatalities. Check out these and other top news stories in our Road Safety News of the Week.*
- CalAmp CEO, Michael Burdiek, Appointed to Together for Safer Roads Board
Burdiek will play a critical role in helping Together for Safer Roads and its affiliates to leverage state-of-the-art telematics, data analytics, and intelligent mobility technology to address challenges in road safety.
- Presence of Autonomous Vehicles Felt in the U.S.
Technology is changing the transportation landscape as freight carriers move toward self-driving vehicles and public officials look for new ways to develop infrastructure and prepare for what could be a major shift in traffic patterns and driving behavior.
- Australia’s Road Deaths at Lowest Level in Four Years
Australia’s road toll has fallen to its lowest in four years, with 78 fewer deaths in 2018 than the previous year.
- D.C. Taps Leading Urban Transportation Expert to Oversee Lagging Vision Zero Effort
Mayor Muriel E. Bowser has selected a transportation policy veteran to lead the city’s ambitious plan to dramatically reduce traffic fatalities.
* The opinions expressed in the articles are for informational purposes and do not necessarily reflect TSR and its members’ views.