Juntos para Estradas mais Seguras marca 5º Aniversário, lança o Conselho de Liderança Global para Segurança da Frota
Juntos pelo 5º Aniversário da Safer Roads Marks, Lança o Global Leadership Council for Fleet Safety (Conselho de Liderança Global para Segurança da Frota)
Coligação avança para 2020 com projectos-piloto e parcerias público-privadas para acelerar significativamente o progresso na prevenção de mortes e ferimentos graves no trânsito
BROOKLYN, NY ? Dec. 17, 2019 ? Together for Safer Roads (TSR), a coalition of leading private sector companies driven to save lives, celebrates its fifth anniversary this month with significant road safety milestones and program updates, including the formation of its new Global Leadership Council for Fleet Safety (GLCFS). The coalition was launched in late 2014 to align the private sector?s road safety efforts with the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety. Since that time, the coalition has expanded its programs to partner with public sector leaders who are catalysts for safer roads.
Supported by its membership?s commitment, TSR?s mission is to bend the curve on road traffic collisions so they are no longer one of the leading causes of death and injuries worldwide. This mission is realized through projects around the world. In 2019, the coalition forged projects and partnerships across three core program areas:
- Empresas e Frotas mais seguras
- TSR introduced the Global Leadership Council for Fleet Safety (GLCFS) to a select test group at the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance annual meeting in October. Now integrated into TSR?s Fleet Safety Program, the Global Leadership Council uses peer-to-peer knowledge-sharing to help smaller fleet operators create safety cultures that reduce risk and save lives in the communities they serve;
- A TSR recebeu uma subvenção de desafio da Anheuser–Fundação Buschque se concentra em apoiar organizações que ajudam indivíduos e comunidades a prosperar. Os fundos serão usados para apoiar o trabalho de segurança da frota em NYC e Houston, umas bem como o Conselho de Liderança Global, convidando as empresas interessadas na segurança da frota a juntarem-se à TSR e a participarem no Conselho;
- The City of New York?s fleet, under the direction of the NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services, (DCAS), joined the Council as a founding member;
- A TSR também anunciou uma parceria formal com a cidade de Nova Iorque para melhorar a segurança dos ciclistas. A parceria teve início com uma oficina em outubro, Digitalizando o Vision Zero, onde ambas as partes reuniram líderes dos setores público e privado em gestão de segurança da frota, tecnologia e ciclismo para desenvolver dados, análises e pilotos de tecnologia para reduzir conflitos entre grandes operadores de veículos e pessoas que andam de bicicleta.
- Cidades mais seguras
- Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner appointed TSR to the Houston Vision Zero Executive Committee. The Committee is focused on drafting the City?s Vision Zero Action Plan, um compromisso para acabar com as mortes e ferimentos graves relacionados com o trânsito entre todos os utentes das estradas da cidade até 2030;
- Nesta Primavera, o TSR lançou Ruas mais seguras de Houston Fase 1, um iniciativa focada na melhoria da segurança para todos os utentes das estradas, peões, condutores de autocarros, ciclistas e condutores no bairro de Gulfton;
- A TSR e a Cidade de Bellevue, WA, lançaram uma análise inédita em toda a cidade sobre quase-acidente e colisões. A TSR e Bellevue fizeram parceria com a Brisk Synergies Tech Corp. e o Pacific Northwest Transportation Consortium (PacTrans) na Universidade de Washington para coletar e analisar dados de tráfego para estudar a correlação entre quase-acidente e colisões. Os Serviços da República membros da TSR também forneceram dados e conhecimentos sobre o uso da análise para melhorar a segurança da frota.
- Dados e Inovação Digital
- During the launch of the United Nations? Fifth Global Road Safety Week in May, international leaders held a briefing to recognize New York City?s leadership in Vision Zero and pledge their support for it. Together for Safer Roads and its members, including Anheuser-Busch, supported the City of New York?s Connected Vehicle Pilot: Anheuser-Busch has equipped its local fleet with connected vehicle technology to test driver alerts and other safety measures;
- TSR?s Global Entrepreneur Program prepared to induct its third cohort. The unique mentorship program connects early stage companies with road safety experts at multinational companies, governments, universities and others. Its goal is to reimagine solutions that reduce crashes and fatalities on the world?s roads. The 2020 pitch day finalists and road safety leaders included Visão CY, Derq, Digisure, Medição de Imparidade Marijuana e Condução (IMMAD), NoTraffic, Road-Awaree Populus. CyVision, Derq e Populus serão compostos pela Cohort 3 e se juntarão à coalizão como membros associados.
- Dreampact Ventures, uma empresa de capital de risco; Rio Ventures Holdings, uma BVI Private Venture Funde Marsh & McLennan Companies, uma empresa global de serviços profissionais., juntou-se à Coligação como novos membros com um interesse específico em promover modos de transporte novos, mais seguros e sustentáveis.
?The City of New York is proud to have the cleanest and safest municipal vehicle fleet in the country, and we are proud to partner with the TSR Global Leadership Council for Fleet Safety to build upon this success,? said Keith Kerman, Deputy Commissioner for the NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services and NYC Chief Fleet Officer. ?As a national leader in fleet safety, it?s important for us to share best practices with others and to learn from other colleagues in the world of fleet management. The Global Leadership Council for Fleet Safety is a unique and vital program bringing solutions to under-resourced, smaller fleets. This initiative will help extend the work we are doing in New York City to places across the country and we are eager to advance this mission in 2020.?
?TSR?s work with the City of Houston has already helped improve our strategy to achieve Vision Zero,? said Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner. ?Having TSR on our committee aligns very well with our goals and brings great expertise to our initiative to end traffic deaths in Houston by 2030.?
?The City of Bellevue takes a Safe Systems approach to Vision Zero, emphasizing data as a central strategy,? said Franz Loewenherz, principal transportation planner and project manager for the Vision Zero Action Plan. ?Working with TSR and its members to capture near miss data is yet another step we?ve taken to make our roads as safe as possible and move toward the elimination of traffic fatalities and serious injuries. The analysis of data gathered from this project will be an instrumental part of improving our street safety record and shaping a safer Bellevue for all road users. We?ll have additional insights to share in 2020.?
?It?s been great to be a part of TSR and its innovation ecosystem raising the profile of safety,? said Pablo Gonzalez, Co-founder and Principal of Dreampact Ventures. ?The work that the coalition has been doing in the last year is outstanding – actionable projects that are making a real difference. TSR is not just talking about problems but solving them.?
“The fleet safety world has been underserved by technology for decades, and Together for Safer Roads serves a crucial purpose trying to change that, said Raffi Mardirosian, Vice President Business at Ouster, one of the charter members of the Global Entrepreneur Program?s Cohort 1. ?By partnering leading progressive, safety-oriented fleets with startups pursuing the latest technology that can make drivers and vulnerable road users safer, TSR is catalyzing and accelerating safety impact – serving a unique role in the ecosystem.??
?As a major user of roads around the world and with over 180,000 colleagues and their families using the world?s roads every day, road safety is a top priority for our company. As a founding member of TSR, we are proud to be a part of and to support the new Global Leadership Council for Fleet Safety?, said Catalina Garcia, Global Corporate Affairs Director at AB InBev.
?Helping to ensure that our roads are safe through smarter driving is a priority that we take very seriously at AT&T,? said Chris Penrose, Vice-Presidente Sênior, Mobilidade avançada e soluções empresariais, AT&T. ?With the advent of 5G, smarter cities, data collection and analysis and eventually automated driving, the possibilities will be limitless. Working with Together for Safer Roads puts us at the forefront of harnessing technology to improve road safety and save lives.?
?I am very proud of our team, members and partners and the work we?ve done this year, said Dave Braunstein, President, Together for Safer Roads. ?As we move into 2020, we will continue to expand our work with both the private sector members and the public sector partners to initiate problem-solving projects. We?re dedicated to unearthing data to help us create better drivers, smarter cities and safer road users. In particular, through the new Global Leadership Council for Fleet Safety, we will be working with fleets to help educate drivers on safer interactions with other road users. This is a unique initiative that we believe will make a big impact on road safety. Our safer cities work will also continue to expand around the globe, working with the public sector to create smarter and safer roadways.?
SOBRE JUNTOS POR ESTRADAS MAIS SEGURAS
Together for Safer Roads is a global NGO that builds public-private partnerships around local projects, fleet safety management and technology initiatives to prevent traffic crashes, injuries and deaths. TSR was started in conjunction with the UN’s Decade of Road safety and has partners around the world. TSR?s members include AB InBev, AIG, AT&T, CalAmp, Republic Services, Lyft, Marsh, iHeartMedia, Octo Telematics, Geotab, PepsiCo, UPS, Walmart, and others. Learn more at www.togetherforsaferroads.org.