We may change this Policy from time to time. Any such changes will be posted here. If we make a material change in the way we use information that allows you to be identified (“Personal Information”), we will prominently note the change on the Site.
- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION.
- Information that we collect automatically.
- We automatically record basic information about everyone who visits the Site. We use this information to help us improve the Site and for other managerial and analytic purposes. This information includes: the Internet domain from which you access the Site; your IP address; the type of browser and operating system that you use; the date and time you visited the Site; the pages that you visited on the Site; and the address of the website you linked from to get to the Site.
- If you use a mobile device to access the Site, we may collect certain additional information. We may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device, your mobile operating system, and the type of mobile Internet browser that you use. We may at times use this information for research purposes. Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- Information that you volunteer.
- Taking the Pledge: If you choose to take the pledge that we offer on the Site to support our mission, you will be asked to provide your name, country, and affiliation. We will only use this information in an aggregate manner, not in individually identifiable form, for research, educational, or promotional purposes.
- Submitting Comments: If you send us a comment or question, we will only use that information for the purpose of responding to you, fulfilling a request, or improving the Site.
- Responding to Surveys: If we provide the opportunity for you to complete surveys or opinion polls, we will only use the information that we collect in an aggregate manner, not in individually identifiable form, for research, educational, or promotional purposes.
- Other: If we otherwise request that you provide information, we will use it only to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information or as we otherwise specify when we request the information.
- Other ways we share and use information.
We may also use and disclose Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- If we engage service providers: We may at times contract with third party service providers to perform functions for us. These service providers may be given access to the information we collect for the purpose of performing those functions, but they will be contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of the information and not to use it for any other purpose.
- If we transfer our assets: If we were to transfer all or substantially all of our assets to another organization, one of the assets we would likely include in the transfer is our database of Personal Information.
- To comply with law: We will disclose Personal Information when we are required to do so by law, regulation, or securities exchange requirement (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena), in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or to exercise or protect our legal rights.
- For safety reasons: We may disclose Personal Information when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to safeguard anyone’s property or safety.
- So our Members can help: We may share Personal Information with our Members to use for the purpose of furthering our mission in a manner consistent with this Policy.
- Information that we collect automatically.
We use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about how you use the Site and to operate it and improve it. Web beacons are clear electronic images embedded in webpages that can allow us to recognize what portions of the Site you viewed and when you viewed them.
- SOCIAL MEDIA.1. The Site includes social media features, such as links that allow you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on the Site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- LINKS.The Site may include links to other websites whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you submit Personal Information to any of those sites, your information will be governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website that you visit.
- SECURITY.We maintain Personal Information using physical, electronic, and managerial safeguards to help ensure the security and confidentiality of the data against reasonably foreseeable risks. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is entirely secure, however. Therefore, while we endeavor to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that no one will ever gain unauthorized access to Personal Information.
- YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES.If you would like us to stop sending you email or other communications or would like to access any Personal Information that we may have that pertains to you so that you can have it corrected or deleted, you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Together for Safer Roads, Inc., Attn: Secretary, c/o JPA Health Communications, 1420 K Street, NW, Suite 1050, Washington, D.C. 20005, U.S.A. We will endeavor to satisfy such requests within a reasonable time and, in all events, consistent with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
- CHILDREN.This Site is intended for use by adults. We do not target, or knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of 13.
- DO NOT TRACK.“Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. This Site does not respond to “Do Not Track” settings.
- ACCOUNTABILITY.If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or concerns, or otherwise wish to contact us, regarding this Policy, you may email us at email@example.com or write to us at Together for Safer Roads, Inc., Attn: Secretary, c/o JPA Health Communications, 1420 K Street, NW, Suite 1050, Washington, D.C. 20005, U.S.A. We will work with you to obtain a prompt resolution of any issues you may have.