ROAD SAFETY NEWS OF THE WEEK
Last week, Lyft entered the scooter arms race, marked by launching its scooter rental program in Denver. Additionally, France has launched a new fleet management tool which does not include the possibility of geographically locating vehicles. Check out these and other top news stories in our Road Safety News of the Week.*
- Lyft Enters the Scooter Race by Launching in Denver
Ride share company Lyft is entering the scooter arms race, marked by launching its scooter rental program in Denver.
- Deaths From Road Crashes Haven’t Risen, But Remain High
The number of people who died during the first six months of this year is slightly less compared to the same period in 2017, but even if the small decline continues for the second half of 2018, the U.S. could still see its third straight year with about 40,000 roadway deaths.
- New Fleet Management Solution in France
In France, SuivideFlotte has launched a new fleet management tool which does not include the possibility of geographically locating vehicles.
- The Race to Become “Smart Cities”
Cities are increasingly marketing themselves as “smart cities” — hyper-connected, sensor-equipped communities — in their latest economic development pitch to attract workers and businesses.
* The opinions expressed in the articles are for informational purposes and do not necessarily reflect TSR and its members’ views.